FATIMA CELL PROGRAM FOR JULY
THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS. The Feast of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus was established by Pope Pius IX in order to perpetuate the memory of the triumph of the allied Christian armies in 1849 over the revolution which had driven the Pope from Rome. But this observance commemorates, above all, the triumph of the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ over the powers of evil. It is the inestimable Price paid for our Redemption. This Precious Blood was symbolized by the victims of the Old Law; yet it is this Divine Blood alone, by virtue of Its infinite efficacy, which can wash us free from all stain of sin, and infallibly sanctify us, if we avail ourselves of the Sacraments which our Savior has given us, especially the Sacraments of Penance and the Most Holy Eucharist. A single drop of the Precious Blood of Jesus would have sufficed to redeem us all—being the God-Man, everything in Jesus Christ is of infinite value. But it was to manifest to us the extent of His love that He shed His Life’s Blood to the very last drop when His Sacred Heart was pierced. Now, if He willingly shed His very Life’s Blood for us, it is but right and just that we should live only for Him, and sanctify each and every moment of our lives. Each moment has been purchased at an immense cost—as St. Paul confirms in his epistles—the infinite price of every drop of Our Lord's Most Precious Blood.
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL (Feast—July 16). On October 13th, 1917, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared at Fatima as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, in a tableau representing the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary. Discuss the origin of the Brown Scapular as a gift from the Blessed Virgin Mary; its significance—an outward sign of our interior consecration to Her; the Scapular Apostolate—the spreading of devotion to Our Lady and Her mantle of mercy, teaching others to wear it with piety and devotion, also, making and piously distributing Brown Scapulars to those devoted to Our Lady; the Novena and Devotions to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
OPENING PRAYERS: * Come Holy Ghost * The Rosary with meditation on each mystery
* The Litany of Our Lady of Loreto * Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
* Act of Consecration to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel * Hymn: Holy Mary, Mother Mild (or another)
* Prayer of Pope Leo XIII to St. Joseph to be recited after the Rosary
MEDITATION: * from "My Imitation of Christ"; or "The Path of Mary"
STUDY & DISCUSS: * Officer's reports; Cell Memos; reading of the Salve Maria Regina Bulletin.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the Liturgical Feasts of the Precious Blood of Jesus (July 1) and the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (July 2; 10 min. report; 5 min. reflection.) Reference: See links above.
- THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION: Feasts of Our Lady – Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces (July 10),
Our Lady of Mount Carmel (July 16), and Our Lady of the Precious Blood
(July 21). Discuss importance of Our Lady's role
as Mediatrix of All Graces, and how a true devotion to Mary is founded on this unique
doctrinal prerogative. Review the proofs that
God Himself has designated this singular office for Our Lady (10 min. report; 5 min.
discussion). Reference: The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori (ch. 5); Our Lady, Queen of the Religious Life by Colin (ch. 7);
True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis Marie De Montfort; Salve Maria Regina No. 161;
Salve Maria Regina No. 98.
- NECESSITY OF THE PRECIOUS BLOOD: What would the world be like without the Precious Blood of Jesus? (A Godless Hell!) What would be our lot, if the graces of the Precious Blood were more difficult to obtain? (10 min. report; 5 min. reflection.) Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 139; The Most Precious Blood.
- THE BROWN SCAPULAR: On October 13th, 1917, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared at Fatima as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, in a tableau representing the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary. Discuss the lessons of this vision, as well as the origin of the Brown Scapular as a gift from the Blessed Virgin Mary; its significance – an outward sign of our interior consecration to Her, which must be accompanied by a fervent living of the teachings of Her Divine Son. Discuss the love of Our Lady for the Poor Souls in Purgatory – Her desire for us to come to their aid (if we don’t, who will?). Discuss the Scapular Apostolate—the spreading of devotion to Our Lady and Her mantle of mercy, teaching others to wear it with piety and devotion; the making and distribution of Brown Scapulars – with prudence – to those who are devoted to Our Lady and understand its significance; the Novena and Devotions to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Article – "Living Our Scapular Consecration"; article – "With Rosary and Scapular."
- THE JULY APPARITION: Review this very important apparition of Our Lady of Fatima, especially the significance of the vision of Hell and the request for devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 144.
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss how meditating upon the lives of the Saints inspires and encourages us to a more perfect living of our consecration to our Heavenly Queen and Loving Mother. Read the following list of feasts, and choose 2-3 saints to reflect upon during this meeting: Ss. Processus and Martinianus; St. Leo II; St. Veronica; St. Pius I; St. Eugenius (10 min. report and discussion). Reference: See links above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the liturgical Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, July 16 (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 161.
- FATIMA AND THE SCAPULAR: Discuss the significance which the Brown Scapular had in the Message of Fatima (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 104; article – "Pledge of Life Eternal."
- THE GREAT PROMISE OF THE FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS: It was during the Third Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima, on July 13th, 1917, that the Blessed Virgin promised, “I shall come to ask for… the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays…” Our Lady fulfilled this promise on December 10th, 1925, when She revealed the Great Promise of the Five First Saturdays. Discuss the details of this Promise and how we should fulfill Our Lady’s requests for reparation (10 min. report and discussion). Reference: Article – "The Great Promise of the Five First Saturdays."
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the life and Feast of St. Anne, the Mother of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 124; article on the Feast of St. Anne in Salve Maria Regina No. 157.
- MORE SOULS GO TO HELL FOR SINS OF THE FLESH...: "CERTAIN FASHIONS ARE BEING INTRODUCED WHICH GRAVELY OFFEND MY DIVINE SON." In light of these words of Our Lady to Jacinta, discuss the current moral decay in our society and the flagrant immodesty in the media and in summer fashions; how vanity and comfort are more important to so very many than obeying God, imitating His Mother and striving at all times to grow in grace and holiness. Discuss the necessity of imitating Our Lady's virtues, especially Her modesty, if we are to faithfully live our Scapular consecration to Her (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Article – "Our Lady's Words to Jacinta"; article – "The Marylike Standards of Modesty"; article – "Long, Hot Summer Leads to Long, Hot Eternity."
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Choose 2-3 saints to reflect upon during this meeting: St. Heinrich II; St. Margaret of Antioch, Holy Helper; St. Mary Magdalene; St. Francis Solano; St. James the Greater; Sts. Christopher & Pantaleon, Holy Helpers (10 min. report and discussion). Reference: The Fourteen Holy Helpers; see links above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the Feast of St. Peter's Chains and the Commemoration of the Holy Machabees, August 1 (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- TITLES OF OUR LADY FROM THE LITANY OF LORETO: Discuss the title "Morning Star" (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 169.
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Choose 2-3 saints to reflect upon during this meeting: St. Ignatius of Loyola; St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori; Finding of the Relics of St. Stephen; St. Dominic (10 min. report and reflection). Reference: See links above.
Prayer to the Precious Blood of Jesus for Vocations
The Fatima Prayers
Prayer to the Precious Blood for the Dying
Hymn to the Precious Blood
LEAFLET OF THE MONTH: Living Our Scapular Consecration
CELL PLAN OF APOSTOLIC ACTION FOR JULY
* Console Our Lady of the Precious Blood by imitating Her modesty.
* Make an act of love and reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus at every hour.
* To promote the Message of Fatima * Sanctification of self, family, neighbor
* Conversion of sinners, salvation of souls * Adoration, reparation, total consecration
- Eucharistic all-night Vigil on First Friday-First Saturday of July.
- Family practice:Plan a special daily Summer program to occupy "free" hours of young adults and children in additional prayers, holy hours, spiritual reading, Youth Cell meetings, & apostolic works for the conversion of sinners and the salvation of souls.
- Distribute modesty leaflets; insist on strict Marylike modesty in your home and family; avoid all occasions of immodesty, which are the pathway to sin and gateway to Hell.
- Twenty-four hour Vigil of Reparation on July 13th, the anniversary of Our Lady's third apparition at Fatima; pray for the strengthening of Catholic family life; the spread of the Fatima Crusade and the growth of the Fatima Cell Movement; and for the perseverance of the remnant faithful ever determined to remain faithful to the doctrines and traditions of the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.
- Devoutly participate in the Novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in your Fatima Cell or family.
- Make and distribute Brown Scapulars to those who will truly value them, especially in homes for the elderly and in hospitals; put up posters and distribute leaflets to promote the wearing of the Brown Scapular.
- Personal Resolve:to wear the Brown Scapular piously and faithfully, and venerate it often; to read from True Devotion to Mary every day.
- Make weekly visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly. Brighten up their day with spiritual encouragement; distribute Fatima pledges, Brown Scapulars, Miraculous Medals, Issues of Salve Maria Regina, and leaflets to those open to receiving and respectfully using these spiritual aids. Explain to them the great value of offering their sufferings for the conversion of sinners and the salvation of souls.
- Special observance of the Feasts of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus, the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, First Friday–First Saturday, Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, and St. Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary.