FATIMA CELL PROGRAM FOR OCTOBER
THE MOST HOLY ROSARY. On October 13, 1917, Our Lady said: "I am the Lady of the Rosary."
In every one of Her apparitions she asked for the daily Rosary.
Consequently we honor Her as "Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima."
Pray the family Rosary daily with devotion and meditation on its Mysteries; live the Rosary by imitating what it contains, so as to obtain what it promises;
participate in today's "Rosary Crusade" which, in centuries past, has turned back the powers of diabolical Islam and satanic Communism;
promote membership in the Crusaders of the Most Holy Rosary; make and distribute Rosaries and leaflets on how to say it devoutly.
Special feasts this month: Oct. 7 – Queen of the Most Holy Rosary; Oct. 11 – Divine Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary;
Oct. 13 – Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.
THE HOLY ANGELS. Our Lady's visit at Fatima was preceded by that of an Angel,
just as in Her apparitions at Marienfried, which manifests the special role of these blessed spirits in God's plan
for our salvation and sanctification. We pray daily that God's Will "be done on earth as it is in Heaven" –
in other words, we are asking Almighty God that we may fulfill His Holy Will as perfectly, as purely, as holily on earth as His Angels do in Heaven.
Their unique power to assist us in living as true apostles of Our Lady of Fatima depends, to a great extent, upon our recognition of their presence,
humble docility to their inspirations, and fervently invoking them, particularly our own Guardian Angels, to whom we should have a special devotion.
Special feasts this month: Oct. 2 – The Holy Guardian Angels; Oct. 22 – Our Lady, Queen of the Angels;
Oct. 24 – St. Raphael the Archangel; and Oct. 27 – The Seven Great Archangels who stand before the Throne of God, and the Nine Choirs of Angels.
CHRIST THE KING. The last Sunday of October is the Feast of Christ the King,
in Whose honor Pope Pius XI wrote a beautiful encyclical entitled "Quas Primas," pointing out that the terrible evils of our age
all stem from the fact that the Universal Kingship of Christ has been rejected by modern society.
His Holiness emphatically states that the only way to remedy these evils is by true amendment of life, just like that for which Our Lady
pleaded at Fatima, i.e., that Christ the King and His supreme law reign over our hearts, our homes, our families, our society.
The best means to achieve this goal is by Total Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Christ our King through the
Immaculate Heart of Mary our Queen.
OPENING PRAYERS: * Come Holy Ghost * The Rosary with meditation on each mystery
* The Litany of Our Lady of Loreto * Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
* Prayer to St. Joseph after the Rosary
* Prayer to the Queen of Angels
* Prayer to Our Lady of Fatima * Hymn: Queen of the Holy Rosary
MEDITATION: * from "My Imitation of Christ"; or "The Path of Mary"
STUDY & DISCUSS: * Officer's reports; Cell Memos; reading of the Salve Maria Regina Bulletin.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the Liturgical Feasts of the Most Holy Rosary – Oct. 7 and the Divine Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Oct. 11 (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see links above; also excerpts from the Encyclical Lux Veritatis by Pope Pius XI on the Divine Maternity.
- THE MOST HOLY ROSARY: Discuss: a) the history and significance of the Rosary; b) the repeated emphasis on the daily pious recitation of the Rosary in the apparitions of the Mother of God, especially at Fatima, where She appeared as Our Lady of the Rosary; c) the proper manner of praying the Rosary – devoutly, with meditation on each mystery; d) the importance of taking seriously our obligations as Crusaders of the Most Holy Rosary (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: The Secret of the Rosary; Crusaders of the Most Holy Rosary; Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII Laetitiae Sanctae; Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII Augustissime Virginis Mariae on the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary.
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss the First in the Series on the Little Flower – St. Therese of the Child Jesus. Reference: see link above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the article – The Sacred Liturgy, Part I (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see link above.
- MARY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION: Review the following Feasts: Our Lady of El Pilar (Spain) and Our Lady of Zapopan (Mexico), both celebrated on October 12; the Final Apparition of Our Lady at Fatima on October 13; Our Thrice Admirable Mother on October 20 (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see links above.
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: How does meditating upon the lives of the Saints inspire us to a more perfect living of our consecration to our Heavenly Queen? Read the accounts of two or three of these saints: Ss. Placidus and Companions; St. Bruno of Cologne; St. Dionysius (Holy Helper); St. Edward the Confessor; St. Callistus I; St. Teresa of Avila – follow with a brief discussion of the lessons learned and virtues taught in these accounts, and practical application of the virtues of these saints to our own daily lives (10 min. report & discussion). Reference: Martyrology; The Fourteen Holy Helpers; see links above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the article – The Sacred Liturgy, Part II (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see link above.
- TITLES OF OUR LADY FROM THE LITANY OF LORETO: Discuss the title, Queen Conceived without Original Sin (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see link above.
- THE COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss 2 or 3 of these Saints: St. Margaret Mary Alacoque; St. Anthony Mary Claret; St. Ursula; St. Raphael the Archangel; the Seven Blessed Spirits who stand before the Throne of God (10 min. report and discussion). Reference: Martyrology; St. Michael and the Angels; see link above; quotation of St. Anthony Mary Claret on Modesty.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the Liturgical Feasts of Christ the King – Oct. 25 and Ss. Simon and Jude, Apostles – Oct. 28 (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see links above.
- THE LIFE OF MARY IN THE GOSPELS: Discuss Part XIV – Mary as a Witness of the Gospel (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: see link above.
- THE POPE SPEAKS: "THE KINGSHIP OF CHRIST": Review the Encyclical of Pope Pius XI – Quas Primas; especially the evils brought upon society by the denial of Christ's Kingship (10 min. report, 5 min. discussion). Reference: see link above.
CLOSING PRAYERS: Prayer to Christ the King
Prayer to the Queen of the Rosary
The Fatima Prayers
Hymn in honor of the Holy Angels or Christ the King
LEAFLETS OF THE MONTH: The Crusaders of the Most Holy Rosary; Encyclical on Christ the King
CELL PLAN OF APOSTOLIC ACTION FOR OCTOBER
* Zealously strive to offer "extra" decades to Our Lady every day.
* Make an act of love and reparation to Our Immaculate Queen at every hour.
* To promote the Message of Fatima * Sanctification of self, family, neighbor
* Conversion of sinners, salvation of souls * Adoration, reparation, total consecration
- Vigil of reparation on First Friday/Saturday.
- During this month especially, make every effort to devoutly pray the entire Rosary daily; promote devotion to the Holy Rosary and membership in the Crusaders of the Most Holy Rosary; spread the message of Fatima.
- Twenty-four hour Vigil of Reparation on October 13th; pray for the success of the Fatima apostolate of our Missionary Religious throughout the coming year to bring souls to the True Catholic Faith through the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady of Fatima.
- Buy or print and distribute approved leaflets on "How to Say the Rosary." Distribute copies of Salve Maria Regina and the Reign of Mary.
- Make weekly visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly. Brighten their day with spiritual encouragement and distribute Fatima pledges, Brown Scapulars, Miraculous Medals, and leaflets to those open to receiving and using these spiritual aids.
- Form a weekly Rosary group in retirement homes, etc. As an act of true love of neighbor, visit some shut-in or lonely elderly person every week and pray the Rosary with him or her.
- Special observance of the Feasts of Christ the King; the Holy Rosary; the Divine Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary; Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima; St. Francis of Assisi; Mary, the Thrice-Admirable Mother of Ingolstadt; Mary, Queen of the Angels; and the several feasts of the Holy Angels.
- Strive every day to live in a spirit of gratitude for all that Almighty God, through the Blessed Virgin Mary, has done for you and given to you. And, in the spirit of Our Lady, encourage those with whom you come in contact to be grateful, too.