FATIMA CELL PROGRAM FOR SEPTEMBER
OUR MOTHER OF SORROWS. In her final apparition, Our Lady of Fatima appeared as Our Mother of Sorrows,
to emphasize the effect the sins of mankind have upon Her most tender and Immaculate Heart. This apparition is also emblematic
of the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, as well as the life-long sorrows, which, like seven swords, pierced Her loving and
sensitive Heart through and through. Our Divine Lord told Lucia, "Have compassion upon the Heart of your Most Holy Mother,
covered with thorns, with which ungrateful men pierce It at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them."
(Feast of the Seven Dolors of Mary—Sept. 15th; The Sorrowful Heart of Mary—Sept. 13th.)
OPENING PRAYERS: * Come Holy Ghost * The Rosary with meditation on each mystery
* The Litany of Our Lady of Loreto * Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
* Prayer to Our Mother of Sorrows * Hymn: At the Cross Her Station Keeping
* Prayer of Pope Leo XIII to St. Joseph to be recited after the Rosary
MEDITATION: * from "My Imitation of Christ"; or "The Path of Mary"
STUDY & DISCUSS: * Officer's reports; Cell Memos; reading of the Salve Maria Regina Bulletin.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the importance and history of the Liturgical Feasts of the Nativity of Mary (September 8) and the Holy Name of Mary (September 12) (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- MARY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION: Review the devotional aspect of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the Shrine of Notre Dame de Puy (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 115; The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori; Salve Maria Regina No. 145.
- THE SEVEN SORROWS OF MARY: Review the devotion to the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary (see this month's theme) (10 min. report and reflection). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 92; Salve Maria Regina No. 110; Salve Maria Regina No. 120; The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the importance and history of the Feasts of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (September 14) and the Seven Sorrows of Mary (September 15) (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- MARY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION: : Review the devotional aspect of the Holy Name of Mary; as well as the Shrine of Our Lady of Einsiedeln (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 133; article "Holy Mary" in The Reign of Mary No. 45; Salve Maria Regina No. 99.
- THE EMBER DAYS OF SEPTEMBER: Review the article on the Ember Days of September (10 min. report and reflection). Reference: See link above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the Liturgical Feasts of St. Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist and Our Lady of Ransom (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- MARIAN SHRINES AND APPARITIONS:Discuss the last part (from the Thirteenth Apparition) of the article on Our Lady of Pellevoisin (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion.) Reference: See link above.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss 2 or 3 of the following: St. Hadrian; Ss. Cornelius and Cyprian; St. Lambert; St. Thomas of Villanova, as well as St. Maurice and the Theban Legion; St. Eustachius, the Holy Helper (10 min. report & reflection; briefly discuss application). Reference: See links above; The Fourteen Holy Helpers.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Discuss the Liturgy for the Feast of the Dedication of St. Michael the Archangel (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- FATIMA AND YOUTH: Words of the Angel of Portugal to the Fatima children: "What are you doing? Pray! Pray a great deal!" Discuss the diabolical forces which assault today's youth on every side, threatening to pervert them morally and destroy them spiritually – materialism, secularism, relativism, state-sponsored "correct thinking", sex education, moral depravity, immodesty, permissiveness, heresy; decay of religion, family, and society; over-emphasis on secular education and social prestige, etc.; the Church's true teaching on the guidance of Christian youth; example of the Fatima children; the urgent necessity of Fatima Youth Cells for all Catholic children and teenagers to safeguard their Faith, preserve their virtue and save their immortal souls (10 min. report, 5 min. discussion). Reference: Encyclical on Christian Education of Youth by Pope Pius XI.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss 2 or 3 of the following: the North American Martyrs; St. Wenceslaus, King of Bohemia; St. Jerome; the Holy Guardian Angels; St. Therese the Little Flower; St. Francis of Assisi (10 min. report & reflection; briefly discuss application). Reference: The North American Martyrs, St. Jean de Brebeuf and St. Rene Goupil; See links above.
Prayer for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Ghost
Commemoration of the Stigmata of St. Francis
The Fatima Prayers
Hymn: Mary, How Sweetly Falls that Name
LEAFLET OF THE MONTH: Children, Your Mother is Calling
CELL PLAN OF APOSTOLIC ACTION FOR SEPTEMBER
* To promote the Message of Fatima . . .
* Amendment of life and reparation . . . * Adoration and total consecration . . .
- Personal Resolve: to make an act of loving reparation to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary at every hour.
- Eucharistic all-night vigil on First Friday – First Saturday of the month.
- Vigil of Reparation on September 13th; pray for the spirit of reparation, the strengthening of Catholic family life, and the spread of the message of Fatima and the true Catholic Faith.
- Offer special prayers and sacrifices for an increase of many zealous and devout religious vocations, and for the spiritual growth and final perseverance of all of our Clergy and Religious Brothers and Sisters.
- Special observance of the Feasts of the Holy Ghost, the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Holy Name of Mary, the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Seven Dolors of Mary, the Stigmata of St. Francis of Assisi, and St. Michael.
- Distribute modesty leaflets; place modesty posters in churches and public places; insist on strict Marylike modesty in your home and family. (Sadly so many, many souls are destroyed while still in the home because of laxity in this area.)
- Make weekly visits to the hospitals and homes for the elderly. Brighten their day with spiritual encouragement and give it purpose by explaining the value of suffering. Distribute Fatima pledges, Brown Scapulars, Miraculous Medals, and leaflets to those open to receiving and properly using these spiritual aids.